Wednesday, March 6, 2013

WIP Wednesday: Bee Finished Already

If there were an award for the slowest bee block sewer ever it would be given to me. I am finishing them all - I really am! I love making these blocks and learning new techniques and working with fabrics and colors that I might not naturally gravitate toward. I am just a slowly-slow poke. I think today will be WIP WIFF (Work is Finally Finished) Wednesday. 

That is my three-year old pup Ryder guarding my pile of envelopes and pretending he didn't just knock some on the ground. I know there are wonderful things waiting to be made in those lovely packages and I will give each and every one the attention they deserve today.



I will also mail the blocks I made on Saturday at our PMQG sew day. I had a rare opportunity to spend hours sewing among amazingly talented gals. It is such an inspiring way to work! These are my recent finishes:


Bee blocks



Bee blocks



Bee blocks



Bee blocks

If I have time when I finish I am going to start a new quilt. I can't wait to work on that, but I will wait because as my family would say, "no dessert until you finish your mashed potatoes!" Do you know that book? It both amused and terrified me as a young child. 



The fact of the matter is that I love mashed potatoes. It was the illustration of the bathtub with the eels that gave me nightmares. Okay, I'm getting side-tracked already. Focus, Michelle. Off to the cutting table I go. Thanks Lee aka Freshly Pieced for keeping the motivation real!

3 comments:

  1. Love your blocks! I love mashed potatoes myself... now, if they threatened me with a mound of lima beans, that would be a totally different story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun blocks you're creating! I especially like the yellow/blue one at the top ~ striking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these blocks, especially the yellow and gray one.

    ReplyDelete