Thursday, September 20, 2012

Modern Quilting, Bright and Early

"It's 4:00 in the morning. Do you know where your Quilt is?"
Why yes, I do! Hanging out with 500 other quilts at the NW Quilting Expo in Portland, Oregon! There and well, there was the one covering me up until my alarm scared me into getting out from under it at 3:45am... But it was worth it! I got to be on KGW morning show with Heather and Jolene and talk about the Portland Modern Quilt Guild, Modern Quilting and joke with host Drew Carney for his Out and About show this morning.
TV spot!
That is me (left) and Jolene Knight (Good Knight Quilts) standing with Drew in front of Petra's (Sew Paint Create) lovely quilt. PMQG VP Heather (Joy of All Crafts) was taking the photo (Thanks Heather!) We were on for about thirty seconds, but it was fun to get to talk about Modern Quilting and promote our guild. One of our guild members, Cherri Langley won a ribbon for her 'How Many Stars?' quilt, quilted by the talented Nancy Stovall.
Cherri's Ribbon!
Her quilt was inspired by Elizabeth Hartman's Sparkle Punch Quilt and is just wonderful. Speaking of Elizabeth Hartman, you can still get a 25% discount on her Inspired Modern Online Quilting Class by clicking on the link. I had the opportunity to review her awesome class and am working on finishing my second project based on her Low Volume Tiles quilt.
I have a quilt in the show this year. 'Doll Quilt Revisited'. It was a super fun summer-long project that I look forward to writing about soon! Here is a photo of me standing in front of it.
Doll Quilt Revisited
And now for that second cup of coffee...

No comments:

Post a Comment