Wednesday, January 30, 2013

WIP Wednesday: Hey, cut it out!

Heading over to my good friend Tanya's house in a few to work in her beautiful sewing space. I have a quilt project to cut out with a looming March 1 deadline and sometimes cutting is always more fun with a friend.
I did manage to get through lots of projects at the beginning of the week, including sewing the sleeve and label on the PMQG QuiltCon charity quilt. There was some serious finger stabbing involved in that project which has inspired me to get some new sharper quilting needles. Anyone have favorites out there? I am a thimble user, but I still poked around it because it is a habit I can't seem to break.
Susan and Heather have some great posts about this quilt. It really is a special one! I also need to sew the sleeve onto my quilt that was accepted into the QuiltCon quilt show today. Serendipity was smiling on me yesterday: Susan had a piece of the exact fabric I used for the back in her give-away pile!

And I am working on my presentation for the PMQG February BOM. Here is a sneak peak. Can you guess what it is? (I hope not - I want it to be a surprise!)
Happy WIP Wednesday! Head over to Freshly Pieced and see what everyone is up to today.

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment